Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pondering joy

So I am back from my hiatus.  The absence  was not intentional but was kind of unavoidable.  See, I got to go home and be with family for 2 weeks.  As soon as our soles hit Portland soil we got swept up in seeing family, eating good food, freezing our tails off at Zoo Lights, missing my husband, wrapping gifts, ripping open presents, feeding my little boy (that in itself should be a full time job....my boy can pack it away!), catching up with friends, laughing with Grandmas, coffee with mom, rubbing my sister's growing baby belly, but most importantly taking time to celebrate the true Joy of the season--Jesus. Without his glorious birth we would be nothing, have nothing, and our future would be a big black nothing. But because of his humble birth and life we have everything to be thankful for and everything to be joyful of.

I cannot imagine life without my Savior.


He was born in a stinky stable that I might have life and live it abundantly. So live it I will do, but not without the absence of an eternal perspective. He has given me so much joy.....


He is the reason for this season......

 
"Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." (Luke 2:19)


No comments:

Post a Comment