Friday, May 27, 2011

Oh What a Morning.....

Can I just say that yesterday was a "magical" day.  Nothing over the top happened, it was just a very precious day....one that I will remember for years and years to come.  Let me try to explain, see this past week I have not been feeling well, I have been fighting off an infection that hindered breastfeeding and taking care of my baby.  It wore me out, but thanks to antibiotics I am getting back to working order.  I learned that it is a lot harder to take care of yourself when you are caring for another little human being 24/7.  And even harder to try and recoop in a timely manner.  So most of this week consisted of me just trying to keep my head above water and get through each day until yesterday.  Yesterday I finally felt more like myself, and Cole was just a super better dose of himself.  We had a good day.  We played, we laughed, we learned, Cole slept, Cole tried new things, and Cole showed his mama yet another layer of this thing called motherly love.  The whole day was just smooth sailing from start to finish...I don't really know why...and it's not like it's ever been a big chore taking care of my little coco.  But for some reason his smile seemed bigger, his eyes a bit brighter, and his tug at my heart a lot stronger.  We just soaked up one anothers company...I remember being exhausted as my head hit my pillow last night,  I couldn't help but smile and think of how perfect the day had been and how deep my love for that sweet boy was.

This is the face that was embedded in my mind as I drifted off to sleep.


And then came the morning....someone woke up way way on the wrong side of bed, and it wasn't me.

This is the look that seems to be the most popular so far....


Yep, it's been one of  those kind of days.

But that's ok...we all need a good cry and a chance to stomp our feet every once in awhile. I'm sure we will have plenty more "magical" days to come. I will take them one by one and will never stop being thankful for my precious little boy....nap fights and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment