Wednesday, September 7, 2011

So this is going to be a quick post, I have been wanting to post the chocolate cupcake as promised but some little mister has been giving me looks like this...
And this....
And when I get stared at by those big blue eyes everything else falls to the wayside.  He is still working on his two upper teethers, and although he is usually pleasant I can tell that he just feels a bit "off".  I don't blame him I would too. In fact, I totally sympathize with my punky-poo.

Several years ago I had one of my bottom wisdom teeth break through my gums, my whole left side of my jaw swelled up like a chubby chipmunk.  Lucky for me I worked for a dental office and they shot me up with some good ole numbing power to make it somewhat tolerable. So little buddy, I feel for ya.....unfortunately all I have is orajel and baby tylenol, which sometimes seems as if it is pointless.  If he was a bit older I would make him something extra special just for being the trooper that he is.  In fact, I might even make him something like this....

I took my all-time favorite chocolate cupcake recipe and paired it with cookies n' cream frosting...

OH YES I DID.

I think the pic sums up the chocolate-y goodness....one piece of advice, make sure you have a tall glass of ice cold milk in your other hand. You can't have oreo's without the milk, it just wouldn't be right....and I don't even like milk much. So here ya go!

Chocolate Cupcake with Cookies n' Cream Frosting:
Source: I don't remember where I got the cupcake recipe, the frosting is from Annie's Eats

Ingredients:
2 C. Sugar
1 3/4 C Flour
3/4 C Unsweetened Cocoa
2 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp Salt
2 Eggs
1 C. Buttermilk
1 C strong black coffee, or instant coffee with 1 C boiling water.
1/2 C Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Vanilla

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350
In large bowl stir together first 6 ingredients.  Add in the remaining ingredients and beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared cupcake pans, and bake for 18-25 minutes.  For mini cupcakes bake for 9-11 minutes. Cool completely.

For the frosting:
1 3/4 cups plus 2 tbsp. whipping cream
3 tbsp. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
6 tbsp. Oreo cookie crumbs

In the clean bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.  Beat on medium-high speed until the whipped cream holds stiff peaks.  Gently fold in the cookie crumbs with a spatula.

Remember cupcake in one hand, milk in the other. 

2 comments:

  1. I just pinned your cupcake recipe to my pinterest account... because I absolutely MUST remember to make these sometime, they sound divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I hope you like them! If you are into cookies n cream, I will be posting a different one that I made for my sister's wedding. :) I actually like them better than this one.

    ReplyDelete