Friday, September 7, 2012

Tomorrow, life will change as we know it

Tomorrow is the BIG day, I didn't go into labor naturally (yet) as my doctor suspected. My feet are about triple their size. Cole was a wreck today. I had one last ultrasound appointment. I passed, hooray! So we celebrated by finding the nearest Dairy Queen and indulging in one last Oreo blizzard while bearing a belly the size of a watermelon!

As I sit here, I am still in shock that our lives are about to change yet again. We are about to become a family of 4! Hopefully by this time tomorrow I will have a tiny, wrinkled, freshly-pink-from-the-womb baby in my arms. I think I might need my husband to pinch me, I feel as though I spent so much time worried about making it this far that I never really let my heart wander to the idea that we would actually make it this far. 

But we did by the hand of God, and could not be more excited! 

Tomorrow will start bright and early and most likely end well into the dark of the night, but I'm sure I will breathe a sigh of relief as I finally get to kiss those sweet baby cheeks, and nestle him into the nook of my neck. Ah, to hold a baby (my baby) again.


I am ready...or should I say, we all are ready.  In honor of all this readiness here are some lasts. The last picture of me and my belly, and the last rundown of my pregnancy thus far.

How far along? 39 weeks exactly
Total weight gain/loss: about 34 lbs...yikes!
Maternity clothes? Still mixing and matching maternity with non maternity....skirts, and flowy dresses are my friends.
Stretch marks? No, knock on wood that none pop up over night!
Sleep: has been rough, every time I move as much as a finger I get heartburn, have to pee, or get a contraction.
Best moment this week: Hearing that I would get to meet my little guy so soon!
Have you told family and friends: Of course.
Miss Anything? My ankles.
Movement: He likes to ram his head down low, kick my ribs, and squirm when I eat watermelon.
Food cravings: cheese and tomato sandwiches, yogurt with granola and peach slices, iced tea, watermelon, and of course soft serve.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Have you started to show yet: You think? 
Gender prediction: Girl....but as you all know I was so wrong!
Labor Signs:  painful contractions and the bloody show all made their debut this week, 3 cent dilated, 70% effaced, and a very soft cervix!
Belly Button in or out? Not really out or in.....it's just kind of flat.

Wedding rings on or off? touchy subject....they are both off and I am oh so sad. I commented to my MIL today as we were at the grocery store that I feel like people look at me and think I could be on the next episode of Teen Mom.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I've cried a lot,  but I blame it on the hormones because I am actually quite happy!
Weekly Wisdom: In everything give thanks and pray, pray, pray.

1 comment: