Saturday, May 16, 2015

Davis: 3 months


He's growing, he is.

He's getting bigger, and stronger, and more loveable by the minute (if that is even possible).

I keep thinking this is the best. And then it gets better. 


He smiles all day long, except when I pull the camera out.


He is the happiest baby I know. Always watching, waiting for someone to look at him. Usually with a little smirk on his lips. And when you look at him, that smirk erupts into a full blown smile.

He still will only give a half smile if he's just not totally feeling it.


He's giggling more and more these days. His Nana had him in stitches the other day just by talking goofy. He's ticklish under his arms and on his feet.


 He startles super easy.

And hates to be carried down the stairs. Especially by Kyle...usually ends in wailing.

To calm him, he likes me to hold his head in super close and loves to be sung too.

He can't decide if he truly likes his binky. Sometimes yes, and sometimes it just make him madder than anything.


He is starting to get too tall for 0-3 month clothing. And I find myself getting teary eyed as I fold and box them up. But I haven't been able to bring myself to put him into any 3-6 months clothing yet other than onesies....because if I do that, then it would even further solidify how fast this is going.


Someone told me that they thought he was 5-6 months old today. No...just no.


His eyes look like they are starting to turn dark. I would be shocked if they stayed steely blue. I love that his eyes might be one of his very own unique features, completely different than both brothers. But not his rolls, they seem to be following closely in Cole's footsteps.

I adore baby rolls. Especially his.


His sleeping isn't horrible, but seems to be slightly getting worse. Please baby, I'm begging you, do not follow in Bennett's footsteps in the sleep department.

I have not pushed any type of scheduling with him. But he is starting to fall into his own little rhythm. He usually wakes up between 4/5 and comes to bed with me. Then starts his day (usually not by choice, but by his brother's) between 6:45-7:00. And then is ready for a little cat nap around 8:45ish. It literally only lasts like 20-30 minutes and then he is a happy little clam until his next little cat nap about 2 hours later. But his big nap is always around noon when his brothers go down for their naps. Probably because it's the only time he gets some peace and quiet. He still naps on me. I know, I know....I need to put him down. But I just can't. Soon, maybe....I will start working on it.

Maybe.


He awakens with smiles, chit-chatty coos, and tender eyes.

If he ever sticks out that lower lip, or the tears start to flow, a diaper change usually does the trick. Or if you just look at him and talk and smile a lot, then he typically snaps out of it and will start talking and smiling right back.

I'm thinking he is going to be a chatter-box when he finds his words.


He has a new obsession with his hands and fingers. And I have caught him sucking his thumb several times....but only for brief seconds. And if he doesn't have his hands, he will go for your arm.



Cole obviously thinks this is great.

In fact, they seem to think everything about him is great and love him more and more each day. His head still gets kissed and rubbed and touched. All.Day.Long.

Bennett is fine as long as he gets in some good mama snuggles throughout the day.


Both boys try to capture their little brother by taking pictures....



They love him and think he is soooooo "TUTE!"

And he is. Very, very "tute". 


So "tute" that some days I just can't stand it. And I lose it with the kisses. And hold him as tight as I can. His cheeks, oh his cheeks...I want to nibble and smoosh them next to mine.

I breathe in this not-so-tiny-little-being as deeply as I possibly can. Not wanting to miss a millisecond of my time with him.


Because 3 months.

Flash.

Boom. Gone.

Pleeeeeaaaaasssseeee, slow it down sweet boy. My heart is not ready for this. 











No comments:

Post a Comment