Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lunchin it up

It's 11:30 and I have already polished off my lunch, I have been eagerly awaiting this since about 5:30 last night. And this is why...


That is a tamale pie full of YUM. 

Remember that mental list I made and was determined to take both my boys to the park, and then how it turned into a wrestling match to get my darling 2 year old back into his stroller???  (for the record, I actually have attempted the park outing again, and the result was much, much better) In fact, he did so well that we walked over to the Starbucks down the street and I got him his first "latte" aka a child's steamer with 1/2 pump of vanilla.

I think he liked it.

I kept telling him over and over, leave the lid alone....or it will be a mess. It was all fine and dandy until....he didn't leave the lid alone. And he stood in the middle of a "latte" puddle. Sad day.  I guess it goes without saying that we are still working "obedience" and perhaps next time he will listen to his wise mother.

Oh well, life went on and this wise mother continued to check things off of her mental list.

 #2 on that list was to continue preparing home cooked meals and have them ready and on the table by the time hubby came home each night. Sometimes this is a very easy task, and other days I'm ready to toss in all the pots and phone the nearest pizza joint. However, recipes like the one above make this task extremely and beautifully possible.

Even after a day of check ups and baby immunizations....


Poor baby wasn't all grins and smiles yesterday after all his little pokes. But he checked out very well and rang in at a little over 10 lbs and just shy of 22 inches tall. Which puts him in the 20th percentile for height and the 30th for weight. Still my little bean.

We arrived home with barely enough time to get dinner thrown together and in the oven. which made me soooo thankful for this jewel of a recipe. The only changes I made was I used 1 whole egg in place of the egg substitute, didn't include the green chile's because I forgot to buy them, and added extra taco seasoning to the batter. Yum.  even Cole gobbled it up and had it smeared in his hair, down his chest, behind his ears.....that, my friends is the sign of a good meal. :)

If you find yourself in a pinch,  head on over to Pinch of Yum and make her Tamale Pie, it's even better the second day..... Even at 11:30 in the morning.

P.S. on a side note, the following picture has absolutely nothing to do with the above post other than it is pure cuteness. I find myself chuckling multiple times throughout my day when I see things like this...


The mark that big brother has been by....


No comments:

Post a Comment