Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dinner in 10 minutes? No problem....

At least once a week, sometimes more, I run into an evening where both boys are needing my attention and suddenly I realize....I forgot to start dinner! In order to resurrect such an occurrence I plan on at least one night being "egg" night. Sometimes I make scrambled eggs, sometimes fried, and sometimes this--my personal favorite.

Photo Credits: Pinch of Yum


When I first laid eyes on that delightful photo I knew I needed to try Parmesan Baked Eggs. It had everything I like in an egg.... parmesan, herbs, and of course a perfectly silky center that makes way for dipping a crunchy piece of bread. While the recipe above yields amazing baked eggs, I have adapted them to help create a dinner with basically no prepping, no chopping, and no standing over a stove. And that is why I make these often, maybe a little too often.

But who can turn down single serving eggs, in a pretty little ramekin, where the hardest part is making sure you don't get cracked shells in the bowl? Not I.

Next time you find yourself in a bind, or it's dinner time and you have little ones hanging off of every limb making it impossible to pick up a spatula. Grab some eggs, some ramekins, your favorite seasoning, snap your fingers and dinner will emerge in Mary Poppin style.

Baked Eggs--Caleyfied.

Ingredients:

1 Tbls. cream or milk (lowfat is fine)
6 eggs
Favorite seasoning or spices ( I used Kirkland's Organic No Salt 21 spice seasoning)
Parmesan Cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Spray 3 ramekins with cooking spray. Pour 1 tsp of cream in bottom of each ramekin. Crack 2 eggs in each ramekin, and top with sprinkling of your chosen seasoning.
Bake for 7-10 minutes (timing depends on your oven and how soft you like your yolks to be).
Turn heat to broil setting and bake for another 1-3 minutes (again, depending on preference).
Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cheese.
Let stand 1-3 minutes and then devour.

When I make these for Cole I bake longer until the edges are slightly browned and the yolk is completely set....I still get a bit leery feeding him runny eggs.  Thankfully, he doesn't seem to mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment