Friday, January 24, 2014

Attached


It's been a busy, tiring, long, and incredibly wonderful week.

I don't know quite what has happened to my littlest (story of my life with Mr B) he has suddenly felt the need to be attached to either my leg or my hip at all times. If I so much as think about moving two inches from him, he screams and cries, and reaches out to lead me back to him. And don't get me started on his naps.... I find myself either letting him sleep in my arms or standing in his doorway, with it open just a crack so he can see me peeking in. Waiting until he stops popping his head up every few seconds to make sure I am still there, until finally, he drifts off....and I tip-toe away trying to avoid all the squeaky floorboards.


He also is back to waking up several times a night (I don't know why I am even surprised by this) and by waking, I mean, screaming like his life depends on it,  immediately turning off the water works the second I pick him up....and then demanding I take him to bed to nurse. Upon nursing for a few seconds he pops off, homes in for kisses.....then wants to roll around our bed until the wee hours of the morning....talking and laughing, often right in my face. Last night we actually wound up with both boys snuggled in bed with us. I think the two of them have been conspiring against us, they have impeccable timing as to when they begin and end their night time fits.

I can't really complain though, both boys gave me quite the birthday gift and slept solid without making a peep the entire night before my birthday.  I'm not stretching the truth when I say that I felt the most rested and rejuvenated in probably....my entire 32 years. I guess they figured that was all the sleep I needed to carry my tired body through the rest of the week.

Thirty-two Years.

Why does that sound so much worse than 31? Good thing I got spoiled rotten and scored in the gift department.....softens the blow of growing older just a little.

My two favorite gifts that are already getting tons and tons of use, a new camera lens and a Vitamix blender (well, it was both Christmas/birthday).

The lens, the nifty fifty, as most people kindly call it, is just as it sounds. I can't stop snapping away, while it's definitely a bit of a learning curve for me, I am already loving the results.


So prepare yourself for even more picture overload on the blog, as I'm sure I won't be able to help myself. I have such incredibly cute subjects to practice on...although, Cole spends more time telling me "NO MORE PICTURES MAMA!" than actually smiling for the camera. So I have to be sneaky when I when I try to capture him. Hence, the very few of him actually smiling at the camera!


Bennett, on the other hand.....well, he hasn't learned how to dodge the camera yet....and is actually quite the little ham. So I plan on taking full advantage until the day that he starts yelling "No pictures!"


And I may have a soft spot for knit hats with little ears....


My other big surprise gift, the Vitamix blender, gets used every single day. Not even exaggerating. Every morning I make the boys and I a green smoothie of some sort. It's a great way to sneak in both veggies and fruit for the boys, and actually helps give me the much needed energy to keep up with the turkeys.....especially this week, so very thankful for it's goodness this week, the Lord knew I needed it!

So far this has been our favorite, as you don't taste the greens as much as some others we have tried.


Green Smoothie


1 C vanilla almond milk (sweetened or unsweetened)
3/4 C water
4-5 ice cubes ( more or less depending on how cold you like it)
1 ripe banana
2 Tbls almond butter
2 Tbls chocolate ovaltine (or plain cocoa powder works)
1 Tbls chia seeds or ground flax meal
2 handfuls of organic spinach
- I sometimes like to toss in about 1/3 C of frozen organic tart cherries or half an avocado(the avocado makes it really cream and almost ice cream like)

Direction:

Place liquid in blender first, then toss in the remaining ingredients and blend on high for 1-2 minutes, I like for it to get slightly frothy. Pour and enjoy.

And share with someone you love. :)


Sharing is caring, and these two sure do care for each other. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment