Monday, January 13, 2014

Our weekend in a nutshell and our fireplace makeover!

If you thought I was joking about all the additional help we receive while trying to do home improvements, please, allow me to enlighten you.

We have a strict dress code around here. Thomas undies, especially during work time.


And there is that rat tail in all it's glory, just begging me to whack it off. But currently he won't let me touch his hair....

First he found the hammer.


 Look at those biceps. Just look at em! Must be all that hammering.


He's so good, he doesn't even have to watch where that hammer is headed.....


And then this.

Cole.....where ya going bud?


Uh, forget something?


All that chiseling.....must have needed to give those biceps a rest. :)

And while he rested those guns, Kyle was able to switch out some blinged out gold door knobs for some lovely oil-rubbed bronze ones. Definitely helps, and I just love the black and white contrast.

Little by little, our home is coming together.

The biggest and best improvement thus far was finally completed today! And I CANNOT take my eyes off of it. Remember Mr. Green?


About two months ago we ripped off that green marble and painted the mantle white....and then there it sat, for TWO months! Honestly though, it looked one hundred times better with no green surround (really when was that ever in style?!) that I didn't even mind the back board that was nailed up against the white.

Then this weekend, I saw magic happen. I saw the vision of a beautiful fireplace unfold before my eyes. Kyle put on the surround stone! And it is GOR-GEOUS!


Doesn't even looks like the same fireplace. I just want to sit and stare at it all day long. And sometimes I do. He did such a good job, you wouldn't even know this was his first fireplace reno.

And just when I thought the weekend couldn't get any better then the beautiful fireplace, it was topped off by this.

I happened to look out the window....


My youngest, driving.

Looks like I will be having two little boys screaming in the back seat because I won't let them drive to Nana's....


Still a little shocked Cole gave up the wheel for Mr. B. True love right there.


Check out the drool, when oh when are those blasted teeth going to pop through?


He is always watching and checking out whatever big bro is doing....doesn't even matter how awesome what he's doing is.

Grass is always greener.....

So he quickly swiped the trike that Cole drug out of the garage.


And made himself quite comfortable, ringing that bell like he was a man on a mission. Check out those cheeks, he is finally getting some! I can't wait to see how much he is weighing at his appointment later this week.

And then Cole thought it would be a good idea to do this....


And they both wound up with mugfuls of grass and dirt.

I should have been running to the grocery store, but I was finding too much delight watching my boys. I love how much they want to be together, how they explore, instigate, and try new things by each other's side. They were born for their companionship, I'm convinced of that.

But sometimes chalk drawing on a wet sidewalk, all by oneself, is just what is needed to round out a day in the life of this toddler.


Come on, help a brotha out!


And then it ended, just like that.

The weekends always go way too fast for this mama. My Saturday was spent working on an upcoming shower.  Kyle had a boy's day, which I'm sure included a football game....or two. By the time I got home I was nearly devoured by a tired, hungry little boy who had not had his fill of nursing for the day. So nice to feel needed. :)  After a wonderful Sunday morning spent at church, complete with baby snuggles and baby cries. We ended our Sunday with night terror after night terror, and a gassy/teething/not wanting to sleep baby.

Oh well, could be worse. I could have actually gone grocery shopping and missed out on all of the above.

It's the little things that make our weekends beautiful, of that, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment