Monday, October 13, 2014

23 weeks Belly


I know that I am only 23 weeks and 3 days along......but seriously, I feel like I am about 30 weeks. And judging from looking at pictures of my past pregnancies, I'm not that far off. I am by far the largest at this point in the game than any of the others, but I suppose that happens with #3. 



Just to prove that I'm not crazy, here I am at 31 weeks with Cole.



And this is 31, almost 32 weeks pregnant with Bennett.


And as of my last OB appointment at 21 weeks I was measuring one week ahead. Also, a first for any of my pregnancies. So either this little boy is going to be bigger than his brothers (Kyle, is crossing his fingers) or my body is just letting it all go.

I was also shocked to learn that I had gained 7 pounds since my appointment at 17 weeks. SEVEN POUNDS. Apparently when you stop throwing, up you actually gain weight. My doctor was very pleased with the weight gain, and honestly, I really don't care...I just think it's kind of funny more than anything. She thought that Mr. boy had just gone through a growth spurt, hence the measuring ahead. So we will blame it on him. And not the fact that I specifically remember not ever being able to make myself full. It seemed as soon as I ate anything, I would be ready to devour whatever crossed my line of eyesight within seconds. Thankfully, that seems to have tapered off some. And I find myself eating normal meals, and a snack in between each. However, if i don't have food the moment hunger pains barely start, then I am in trouble...and so is anyone that may get in between me and my food. Just ask Kyle, he will vouch.


 Let me add this, before I get into all of the basic weekly update stuff. Originally when I found out that I was going to be pregnant through the fall and winter....I freaked out. I had no clue what I would wear....with both my other pregnancies I lived in summer dresses, maxi skirts, and flip flops. At the end of my pregnancy with Cole I developed preeclampsia, and my feet swelled up like two little marshmallow stubs. There was absolutely no way I could even get my feet into the shaft of my boots. I had to live in flip flops in October.

I am praying and hoping that I don't swell up like that again. But I have however found a solution to the clothing dilemma. LEGGINGS. Good grief, I could live in them every day. Then throw on a flannel (so thankful they are back in style!) and I might as well be running around in my pajamas. I also, found these awesome leggings called preggers, that are also compression leggings, but come in the cutest colors. If you are pregnant or even just had a baby....heck, who even cares if you had a baby, you should get some. I'm hoping they will aid in my swelling...and also add some new life into the same monotonous outfits later on.  So prepare yourself for a lot of tunics, leggings, boyfriend sweaters and a growing supply of flannel.

And a forever growing belly.


How far along: 23 weeks and 3 days.

Total weight gain: About 15 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: Yes and No. Yes on leggings, jeans...basically anything on the bottom half. It's more comfortable that way. And I'm still mostly non maternity on top and in dresses.

Sleep: I sleep the best I have in years, except for the little munchkins that like to wake up at the oddest hours. Cole, do yourself a favor....quit making 4:30 your rise and shine time. It's just a bad idea. Trust me. (Oh, and we are going to just pretend last night didn't happen....Cole.....)

Best Moment the Week: I was sitting on the couch and Cole sat down next to me and then rested his head on my belly, at that moment baby boy started kicking and squirming. Cole and I were giggling and he was so excited that he felt the baby kick his face!

This isn't pregnancy related at all, but another great moment this week was I got a whole evening/night/morning with just my husband and I. My sweet inlaws took BOTH boys Friday night. So together Kyle and I were able to hit up happy hour, meander around downtown and NW 23rd, sit in Moonstruck (a place we used to frequent often while dating) and just talk. We then got to have one full night of uninterrupted sleep and slept in until 7AM. While 7AM may seem pretty lame to some, to us it felt like we had slept in until noon. That is until we picked up both boys, and the boys who had been perfect angels for their grandparents, slept all night, and did all things good....turned into little monsters by the time we got them home! They BOTH refused to nap, so we decided to save our sanity, pack them both up, and drive to Sauvie Island in search of a fun pumpkin patch. Thankfully we semi-diverted the bouts of grouch they seemed to have, and they both passed out on the car ride there...so we drove round and round enjoying the pretty scenery and soaking in the quiet of the car. :)

Food Cravings: All things fall.... warm soups, curries, coconut milk based dishes, and beans. I have also been eating oatmeal like there's no tomorrow. Baked oatmeal is even better. I finally fulfilled my craving of baked pumpkin oatmeal (Recipe Here, I always double it and bake in a 9x9 pan)....we had it for dinner one night, and then again for breakfast the next morning. And my tummy may never have been so happy. Last week I couldn't get my favorite Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili out of my head (Recipe Here), it is the best chili ever! I finally caved and made it even though it was nearly 80 degrees outside....a mama's gotta eat what a mama's gotta eat. I also have had a thing for dark chocolate salted butterscotch caramels from Trader Joe's. They are seriously a little bite of heaven. And one or two a day seems to do the trick. Oh, and don't get me started on a  sandwich made with cold deli meat (turkey to be exact), cheese and tomatoes. So weird, because even not pregnant we rarely ate deli meat. But what I would give to have one right now.....and sorry, microwaving deli meat grosses me out, totally not the same.

Food Aversions: Garlic. Cilantro. Fatty foods. Spinach smoothies.....I tried, I couldn't do it.

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks. I have had several bouts of some strong BH about 4 to 5 an hour. And then they will stop. Still hoping they aren't an omen for pre-term labor.

Movement: Good grief this little one is busy! I love love love feeling him move. His movements are starting to get more fluid and rolly polly like. He seems to also enjoy waking up with Cole at around 4:30-5:00 AM.....I suppose I should just cut my losses and get used to it. But seriously, even if I am up all night (ahem, thanks Cole for the wake ups at 11:30. 3:30, 4:30, 5:00, and then Kyle gave up at 6....No, I do not need you prepping me for what is to come, thank you very much) I still can't help but smile when I feel him twisting, turning, and stretching those little legs. There is nothing quite like it.

How are you feeling: I've actually been feeling really great! I still get worn out quite easily, but manage to hold it together until the boy's go down for their naps. We even managed a zoo trip on quite possibly the busiest day of the year! Why I didn't put two and two together that the reason my niece didn't have school was the reason 50 billion other kids didn't have school as well! While I pretty much wanted to drop dead at the end, I was happy that I am finally to the point of even being able to take my kids out again.

There it is, probably a bit longer than most anticipated. But we are just so thankful for a healthy pregnancy this far. We have another ultrasound at our next appointment just to check up on the little guy, and make sure everything is progressing as it should. So we will be praying for a good solid report from that. Other than that we are just cruising right along and soaking up everything about this growing little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment