Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bridal Shower = Sweet Success

I am happy to say that our baby sister's Bridal Shower was a success, thanks to the planning and help of my sister and sister-in-law.  We wanted something dainty, fun, girlie and tasty.  I think we achieved all aspects right on point.  I'm so excited for my little sis, she is truly an inspiration in her steadfast love for the Lord and of course..... her husband-to-be. 

Here is a recap of the fun day!

Our inspiration was "Breakfast at Tiffany's" Except we didn't serve breakfast, but we did include beautiful pieces of china and the blue and pink throughout.

This was where are ideas stemmed from....

And this was our take on the theme.....

We wanted the shower to reflect the sweet relationship between the Bride and Groom, so we had CUPCAKES!
And Marshmallow Pops!

A dessert buffet was a must....I just loved the idea of everyone being able to pick several different bite sized options to create their dream plate.

See, just like this.....


For those of you who know me, you know I am not only obsessed with cupcakes but also with bunting banners. So including one as cute as this was an absolute must! Thanks to Ruffled, my sister-in-law put together this beauty.


We had a beautiful croissant and sandwich bar that included egg salad, chicken salad,salami, cheeses, fruit and potato salad.  This allowed the guests to build and create their own sandwich to their liking.

The girls chatted, laughed, and caught up on all of life's happenings while they ate. Quite a number of  years ago I had the opportunity to be many of these girls 6th grade youth group leader.  It brought me so much joy to see how they have all grown up and remained steadfast in their walk with the Lord. I think it really added a whole dimension to the beauty of the shower.


The party was just getting started, after their tummy's were happy and full we decided to throw in a few of these....
We broke into teams of 3 designers and one bride.  The challenge was to create a wedding dress with only toilet paper that Shannon could proudly walk down the aisle in....
The sassy brides....
Kisses for the true bride....
Yay for getting married!!!!!

All in all we had a fantastic time....I only had a moment of a melt-down when my strawberry swiss meringue frosting decided to separate and squirt strawberry juice everywhere.  I went into panic mode as all I could envision were sad little cupcakes with no frosting.  After several minutes of frantically beating the frosting, it all came together and the party could go on! 
The day couldn't have been more perfect, the weather was great, the food was yummy, the girls were sweet as ever, and of course the bride was beaming and beautiful as usual! I can hardly wait to watch her walk down the aisle to man she has patiently "courted" for 8+ years!!! It will be a day of celebration for sure!


To that I think I will go have myself another cake pop.....
I made too many....I suppose it could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment