Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sweet 16

Guess who is 16 months old today? My sweet little munchy poo.

To celebrate we took him to his 15 month well baby check up (I know, I know....better late than never). He checked out awesome....however, it looks like he may not be the tall boy we once thought. My husband blames it on my side of the family, I say let's just wait and see what happens in the next 5 years. I'm pretty sure he has a good chance of passing me up in all my shortness. Here are the official stats from his appointment.

Age: 16 months
weight: 22-1 lbs. (40th %)
Height: 30 in. (7 %)
Head Circumference: 46 (30%)

Even with the whole 7th percentile hiccup, his pediatrician thought he was developing perfectly normal and was very pleased with all that he was learning.  He still is not walking by choice but can and will when there is a lot of clapping and loud applause to be had.   He has also reached the wonderful age of tantrums. I couldn't help but chuckle the other day when I was reading about the typical development of a 15 month old, and they started to say beware of the tantrums. Well, at least I know he is right on target! While he is still his sweet compliant self 95% of the day, the other 5% he spends branching out into the world of pushing mama's buttons. At least I know he has a will and a way...
And someday my little boy that will come in very, very handy.

Until then, I will continue to stare into those piercing blue eyes and get lost in their innocence and sweetness. Here are some pictures I took of him after he had climbed up onto his new favorite place to sit and rock.

And then he decided to drag out every single toy and scatter them frivolously about the living room area.

Too much 16 month cuteness for me to handle! Hope you all enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment