Monday, October 22, 2012

My little man turns 2!

This past weekend was someone's birthday, he has big blue eyes, squishy cheekers, stubby fingers, and recently became the best big brother on this side of Heaven.

His name is Cole and he is turning into a little man. He turned 2!

So we celebrated his two milestone eating some of these....


He had two...by accident....trust me when I say there is no way I would have knowingly given him two cupcakes, you should have seen the bounce he had in him after only one! I suppose he wanted to ring in this second year with an extra dose of sweetness. So I chose to let him rather than stop him.


And then he decided to forgo his hands all together, I mean why waste your energy holding the cupcake when you can conserve it and do this.....


Yes, we enjoyed our cupcakes...a recipe that is definitely worth sharing, and you better believe I will share so you too can eat them with no hands.

But back to the theme of the party, since I have always called Cole my little man, I decided there would be no better theme than a "Little Man Mustache Bash".  I had so much fun with this theme, and thought Cole pulled it off perfectly, complete with his color coordinated tie and all. However, the tie was the cause of many tears upon him waking up from his nap right at the start of his party.  He wanted nothing to do with wearing the tie, or getting his diaper changed, OR even having a party for that matter. I had purposely planned the time of his party so he would have plenty of time to get in a 2-3 hour  nap right before hand. We put him down and then he proceeded to sit in his crib and yap/cry for 2 hours straight until he finally gave in and fell asleep. I think deep down he was just way too excited to sleep, at least that is what I kept telling myself as I ran around putting on the finishing touches such as setting up the bar area.


We had chocolate-caramel coated "cigars". These were almost the death of me! Seriously, I don't think my hubby had ever seen so many pretzel rods flying through the air, shattering into a bazillion little pieces as he did that day. Word of advice, if you decide to do a caramel layer, make sure you either spray your wax paper OR get stick-free foil....trust me, if you want to make them and keep your sanity...do not skip that step. Your hubby will thank me, and you won't be scraping up caramel and pretzel pieces off the floor.


 And of course we couldn't have a mustache bash without some "stache" Both paper and in lollipop form.



 We asked everyone to come and enjoy a nice cold root "beer" float at the (breakfast) bar.




There was dashing tie garland...


And more mustache fun....


There were some clever mustache signs and a birthday banner....






Cole had lots of presents to open, and then of course they needed to be played with....



we shared lots of laughs, stories, and some good ole hugs and snuggles....






I think the party was a success, everyone left with a smile, Cole snapped out of his nap time blues, and now he is two. Sniff, sniff.

My little man I love you dearly. You busted your way into this world and into our hearts. You have taught me how to see life through your eyes, and I LOVE what I see. You are precious, your are stubborn, you are pure joy. Thank you for putting on your big boy shoes and taking your role as a big brother with pride. You will always be my firstborn, the one who made me a mom, the one who taught me that the world revolves around more than just myself, the one who has tested every nerve in my being, but the one who dissolves all that frustration into such an intense love. 

My sweet little man, I love you....every last bit of you. Thank you for being you, all of the time.

1 comment: