Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Child's Perspective

There are many days I get caught up in the adult way a of life...you know, worrying about bills, making sure dinner is on the table, stressing over the big and the small things, and trying to be the mighty mom every.single.day. Sometimes with all of life's duties I forget to look around me and enjoy the many little blessings that I am surrounded by daily.

My little boys remind me of this, bless their sweet souls.

Yesterday there was a break in the rain and the temperature was unusally pleasant outiside, so I packed up both boys and decided we would go for a nice fall walk. Several blocks down we came across a beautiful maple tree that had a pillowing of colorful leaves strewn about the grass. Cole and I decided to run through them kicking them all about like crazy kids. If only I could have captured the joy and delight as I saw plastured across his face...I would have bottled it and saved it for a rainy day.

It was captivating.

It gave me a renewed sense of admiration for little hearts and how they find joy in things that we, as adults, often pass by without much more than a glance. How I wish that I would see joy in the rain as it brings amazing puddles to stomp in, or how cheerios taste good without milk and seem to be the hunger solve-all, or that pile of socks that are fun to throw down the stairs...over....and over...and over again.

It's the small things. Like rearranging pumpkins....




And when your 7 weeks old, it's the joy when big brother shares his trains with you...


For me, it's soaking in these little lives that have overtaken mine....I've especially been soaking in the adorable smiles from Bennett. I tried catching some of them today, but it's hard to make silly faces when you have a big camera covering half your face! So here are some bits and pieces of the smiles I tried to unsuccessfully catch....





I love the fact that I get to be around these precious little hearts every day, oh how they teach me and stretch me in more ways than I ever could have imagined. I look forward to many more puddle jumping, leaf running, and smile searching days.

How thankful I am that God has given me my boys so that I may look at life through their lenses every once in awhile.

Helps me gain perspective on what really matters.



No comments:

Post a Comment