Tuesday, December 2, 2014

30 weeks, and one big belly.


Whoa. Really?!? I still remember when I was barfing over the toilet thinking that I would never EVER make it to the second trimester, let alone 30 weeks! This next week I will actually be in the single digits. Can someone please pinch me? You mean, I get to meet my third little dude in just a little over two months? Two months that are filled to the brim of fun festive activities and Christmas and birthdays and so much fun...they are sure to fly by.

Someone asked me the other day if I was ready to be done. And honestly, I'm not. Yes, I am so incredibly excited to meet this little one, I get teary eyed just thinking about it. However, I don't think I'm ready for this stage to be over. The stage of feeling his every move, of watching little arms brush across my belly, the hiccups, the kicks, the quietness of just the two of us, for this moment in time. And the knowing that this will be my last, that I will never get to waddle through this tender stage again.


So now let me get my weepy self pulled together.

How far along: 30 weeks and 4 days.

Weight gain: At my last appointment I had gained 4 lbs, which was less than I was anticipating since I had indulged in about 6 turkey dinners. I'm still measuring ahead, which doesn't surprise me...have you seen that belly?!?! I also took my glucose test aaaaannnnd, while I didn't fail it, I didn't exactly pass it either. Apparently, my results were slightly above normal, but my wonderful OB isn't making me take the horrid fasting 3 hour test. I just have to watch the carbs. And since I tend to be a rule follower, I have taken the test to heart and have changed my twizzler eatin' ways. I did however,  indulge myself with a donut from Joe's while we went looking for a Christmas tree (It's our tradition!) But I think tromping around in the freezing cold burned off some of that deliciousness.

Best moment this week:  Baby boy has been even more active then normal. The other night I was sitting on the couch staring at my moving belly, when I literally saw an arm move across the top of my belly to about mid belly. I never saw anything like that during my previous pregnancies.

Sleep: I still can't complain. I usually have a couple nights a week where Cole wakes me up because he wants a banana at 2 in the morning. And then I have trouble falling back to sleep. I did wake up to my first foot in my rib the other night.... I had forgotten how painful that is!

Food cravings: Well, now that I am supposed to watch my carbs...guess what I want? Fettuccine Alfredo. Blizzards. Chocolate chip cookies. Basically everything I shouldn't eat. And I have been good, really.... I have. I did manage to chow down on one of my cravings right before getting the results. So, a little back story. I've never been much of a hamburger kind of girl. French fries, yes. But a big juicy burger never really called my name. That is until I had one at this place called Killer Burger. It changed my life. I ate 3 gigantic burgers with fresh cut fries within about 3 weeks. It's all this little boy's fault, he's turning me into a meat eating machine. I went from wanting steak to burgers. Nice.

Oh, and I may have just found a new love. Trader Joe's Candy Cane green tea. It is amazing, I just finished  my first cup and would really like to go back for another one.

Aversions: For the first time.....nothing.

Labor signs: On Thanksgiving I actually thought we might be making a call to my OB. I was having Braxton Hicks contractions ALL.DAY.LONG.  They were strong and some extremely uncomfortable, painful even. But they were never consistent or followed any kind of pattern. I also, checked with Dr. Google and apparently it isn't too uncommon for BH to be strong and painful by your third pregnancy. I still have been getting them a lot, but they taper on and off. It does make me a bit nervous that this might pan into preterm labor like it did with Cole. So I'm just trying to take it easy, stay hydrated, and listen closely to my body. I have an ultrasound at my next appt, so it will ease my mind to know if any changes have been happening.

Movement: Oh yes, so much. I'm pretty sure he is head down now, and my OB thought so as well. He puts lots of pressure way down low. And every once in awhile I can feel him moving his head around. He still responds to my touch, or whenever Cole lays his head on my belly. Hiccups are happening more and more. As well as the heartburn.

How are you feeling: Weeeeelllll.....some days really good. Then some days my back hurts, my hips hurt, I waddle and whine. And the BH really stop me in my tracks, and make me have to run to the restroom almost every time. But you know what, despite the fact that my energy seems to disintegrate faster than it comes, I feel pretty good most of the time.

And let's just take a moment to talk about the emotions lately. Poor, poor Kyle. I literally had a complete meltdown while trying to finish up our Christmas shopping via the internet. There may have been an unheard of deal on Green Toys (we're talking like 4 bucks!), and it may have expired right as I was checking out.....and then the same thing happened while I was shopping on Macy's and was super pumped about the freebie I was going to get.....only to have it expire, right at check out. AGAIN! There may have been a 3 year old amount of tears, threats of never ever shopping on the internet again, and serious rage against the stupid companies that hang these sweet carrot deals in front of me, and then swipe them away last minute. I may have even attempted to call one of the stores at 10 PM to complain, and was equally upset when their customer service line was closed for the night. Kyle sat there (probably with a jaw dropped open) and tried to console his pregnant wife. Poor, Kyle....he's a keeper you guys. Anyone who can maintain his level of level-headedness while witnessing such irrationality....maybe he should get a "push" gift.

I'm just in awe at how time is really starting to fly. I mean, this little punkin boy is going to be
here so soon. Have I cleaned one newborn outfit? No. Is his nursery even halfway finished? No. Do we have a car that can house 3 car seats yet? Nope. Or do we even have a car seat, baby monitor, or baby shampoo? Um.....yeah, you get about how prepared we are. Am I stressed? A little, but obviously not enough.....maybe a little more stress would do me good. I  guess I figure, we have most of the basics already that we could totally make it work. But a little more order would probably be nice. So we are about ready to start tackling our list. I will let you know how we are doing next belly update.

No comments:

Post a Comment