Thursday, June 14, 2012

26....almost 27 weeks

I am absolutely shocked that tomorrow I will be 27 weeks pregnant with our second baby boy! I mean, I am practically jumping into the 3rd and final trimester here, yippee! As excited as I am to be puttin' right along baking this baby, I am also really really trying to cherish every moment. I had a friend say to me the other day, "you really enjoy being pregnant don't you." I didn't even hesitate with my enthusiastic "yes!" I truly do enjoy each stage of pregnancy.....well, perhaps not so much the early stage when you feel icky, bloated, and no one can even tell all the exhausting work you are putting in day and night to grow your baby. I also realize that each and every time I have the opportunity to bring life into the world it is an absolute blessing. It is a responsibility that I don't take lightly, a responsibility some would give their left arm to have. So I choose to embrace every moment like it will be my last. The truth is, I don't know what the future holds.....I would love to have more children, but that is ultimately God's decision and not my own. With that being said, I am embracing the sleepless nights and spending them teasing and playing with the little one dancing in my belly. I am embracing the thighs that are now rubbing together, and seeing them as only getting stronger to keep me and baby upright. I am embracing my 4 am hunger pains, and tip-toeing out to eat some cottage cheese in the early morning light. I am embracing the belly that is getting rounder and rounder by the day, and seeing the beauty and intricacy that our Creator is displaying. I am embracing the sweet one on one time that I have left with Cole, and soaking up his resonating love. Most of all I am embracing this miracle called life, that some choose not to value or even consider.

There is so much to be thankful for when, and if for some reason this is my last time going through this process..... the last thing I want is to look back and wish that I had spent more time embracing it and less time waiting for it to end.

So here we are.....almost to the last trimester and celebrating this life!

How far along? 26 weeks and 6 days
Total weight gain/loss: Um, I gain about a pound a week...so I will leave it at that. :)
Maternity clothes? Well, it's official, I have worn my first pair of maternity pants EVER! While they were very comfy, I hate how they give me a 'mom butt'.....I mean, seriously is it that hard to design maternity clothes that are as flattering as they are comfortable?!
Stretch marks? No, praying that this one will be as nice to me as Cole was.
Sleep: This past week has gone from good to worse...let's just say I have been up since 2:45 this morning. :)
Best moment this week: seeing my whole belly move more and more, it's pretty incredible!
Have you told family and friends: Of course.
Miss Anything? having more clothing options, I'm trying to be practical and not go crazy buying new things...so that means getting creative and wearing the same things over and over and over.....
Movement: He is definitely more active than Cole was...should I be worried?
Food cravings: salty, salty, salty.....I can't get enough! Pistachios, burritos.....and lots of fruit, I want fruit all the time! ( I suppose that should balance out my salt consumption!)
Anything making you queasy or sick: No, not realy.
Have you started to show yet: Yes!
Gender prediction: Girl....but as you all know I was so wrong!
Labor Signs:  I still get braxton hicks often, but that is about it.
Belly Button in or out?  in
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I am mostly happy....but definitely have my moments.
Weekly Wisdom: Eat chocolate every morning, it's like a dose of happiness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment