It's simple....and almost as easy as pulling out a box of soup.
I of course was inspired by a pin I had found on Pinterest from Whole Living.
Broccoli with Fettuccine
adapted from: Whole Living
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch (about 1 1/2 pounds) broccoli stalks, peeled and trimmed, stalks and florets, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 tablespoons (at least) freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese; more if preferred.
- Freshly ground pepper and more salt if needed
- extra olive oil for drizzling
Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Add pasta, and
cook until al dente, stirring occasionally to keep the pasta from
sticking, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a colander to drain, reserving
1/2- 1 cup cooking liquid. Set pasta aside.
Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium
heat. Add garlic; saute until golden, stirring to avoid burning, about 2
minutes. Add broccoli and reserved cooking liquid; cook, stirring,
until broccoli is tender and bright green, about 3 minutes. Add the
salt, and season with pepper. Remove from heat.
Add reserved pasta to pan, and toss well to coat. Transfer to
four serving bowls; drizzle each with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, and
garnish each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons grated pecorino cheese.