Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sweet Life.

I will gladly accept any applications for super-woman-potty-trainer, STAT. Seriously, you think I'm kidding. Twenty thousand undies, pajama pants and shorts later, I'm done. The sad thing is, I thought we were already past this point, the point of mom-is-gonna-blow-if-she-has-to-shimmy-her-little-boy-out-of-urine-soaked-undies-one.more.time. We were actually to what I deemed, "fully potty trained" minus the nights and naps. But I hear that is normal for boys, ahem, I also heard that the worst was over.


As of yesterday my darling 3 and a HALF year old no longer uses the potty. Oh, but he potties--lots. I have even broke out the I'll give you 100 jelly beans (whatever it takes) bribery....you would think my sugar-a-holic would be all over that one. Nope. Although he did barely squeak by with one undie saving moment.

Oh, and my youngest no longer like to go down for naps. And he has ripe pipes for screaming bloody murder when things don't go as he pleases.(which include naps as of late)Which seems to be often these past few days.


Apparently we are not on the best of terms when I try and put him down for his naps...speaking of which, he just woke up and is screaming for me to get him....I just put him down about 20 minutes ago. There goes my plan to try and wean him from his after nap nursing session.


My Bennett, he's a spitfire....he's still upstairs letting me know his disapproval of making him take a nap. As frustrated as I get some days. There are always little moments that smooth my ruffled feathers.

******

And hours later, I sit here finishing this post. No, Mr. B never went back down for his nap, he bucked and snorted until I finally just gave up. And amazingly what I thought was a day gone sour turned out to be very very sweet.

Well, if you leave out the part where Cole relieved himself in his car seat...for the SECOND TIME this week. Seriously, anyone else have kids that go through a regression after being potty trained for quite some time?!?!

Also, we seem to be in this phase where both boys want what the other boy wants, and the results is something close to the honking chaos of a flock of geese. Guess who is the loudest in his honking.....


Being that my "me" time was cut short, and I was tired of the bickering over tractors and rocks....I handed both boys shovels, found a worm and told them to dig for more. So we dug in our front garden bed, both boys waved to every dog that passed by, Bennett stared at every girl that skated by, and the bickering turned into giggles as dirt flew. A few dirt castles later, I had two dirty little boys who seemed quite pleased with all their "hard work". And I, was one happy mom.

Also, do you know what else makes me happy? Being an Auntie, have I mentioned that we had another sweet little lady join our family a few days early? Oh man, I am in love! As is her adoring mommy and daddy.


She is sooo cute! I am dying to get over there and stare at her face some more.


I love how in the picture below my brother can't stop touching her little head, seriously if any man ever needed a baby, he did. He is amazing with kids! And I think it's safe to say that he is armed and ready to protect that little girl who stole his heart.


So fun to think of all the little feet that will be running around Nana and Papa's house in the coming months and years.....it will be even more fun if I don't have to pack 15 spare undies, so Cole, please, please...Puh-lease stop treating the toilet like it's optional. It's not, and remember just because you scolded your "peanut" (his choice of naming) it doesn't make mama forget who actually decided not to take the 10 steps to the bathroom.

P.S. Cole, I love you so much, and to be honest, I was laughing behind my hand when you did your scolding, and I may have thought about caving and giving you a jelly bean just because it was very clever to pass the  blame! But then I glanced to my left and saw my growing mound of potty ridden laundry....

P.P.S. Bennett you are cute, and funny and soooo sweet.....but we would all be a lot happier if you quit screaming and kicking every time we get within inches of your crib. And naps, you need your nap...trust me on this one.

P.P.P.S. Ellie, welcome to the world pretty girl. Your cousins can't wait to help you play in the dirt and possibly share their trains with you. You are a precious miracle, and the most wonderful gift to your parents. You fulfill years full of prayers, you are a dream come true. 


 Never forget that, you have such purpose and are very loved. We love you so much, and look forward to watching God's great plan unfold for you. Take this new world a day at a time....and in a few months you can help show your new cousin the ropes. 


Ah, babies....new life, doesn't get much sweeter. Even after the newness wears off,  instead of froggy legs and cute little squeaks you have squabbling toddlers, stripped off undies, toilets misses, and nap-avoidance gurus... Buuuut, when all is said and done, they are the same sweetness that were placed in your arms, the same blessing, the same answer to prayer. Smooshed in between even the most trying are little treasures, wonderful memories, things to savor. And each moment and stage, even at its hardest is worth it.  Some day these days will pass, and we will be on to the next, and I am convinced that I will look back with nothing less than joy.

Because life is sweet. At every stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment