Friday, May 9, 2014

Guest Post from Bennett


Hi my name is Bennett. And I do not sleep.

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, and stay awake for hours. After exhausting all avenues to get me to go back to sleep, including some and maybe all of  the following: pleading, crying, rocking, singing, back-rubbing, cheek stroking....my parents start acting a little desperate. Sometimes they resort to....oh, what do they call it.... the "cry it out" method.

This is my cue to stand in the corner of my crib and see how loudly I can yell "mama" over and over and over again. And when that doesn't work, I scream.  Because I know, they will come...they always do.  Usually it's out of fear that I will wake up my brother. And sometimes I do.

But all I really want is what my mama is trying to wean me from. And I don't like it.

Not. One. Bit.

So, I am revolting in sorts. At least that is what my mama believes. And maybe I am.

She may never know. And she thinks I won, because I wound up in bed with them, and stuck my feet in her ribs and my face smooshed next to my dad's.

And it was awesome!

I heard through the grapevine that naps may be coming a little early today. If I'm lucky maybe I can work it out to where I get to sleep sprawled on top of mama again..... it's the little things in life.

P.S. Mama is popping chocolate again, she says they are her happy pills.....

2 comments:

  1. That. Is. Funny! Nicely written Caley. p.s. Feel free to take as many chocolate happy pills as you need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Robyn....I helped myself to all the happy pills my heart desired ;)

      Delete