Friday, May 2, 2014

How I came to love steak

I have officially declared my two boys "jet-lagged". Sure, there isn't a time zone difference between here and Arizona....but it is the only comforting conclusion that makes sense in my weary mind. Because, with jet lag means improvement should be right around the corner, and with improvement means my 4 AM wake up times should start to be a thing of the past.....

Ha ha, sounds like the same old story I have been telling myself over and over again. At least, they are cute, and adorable, and give the best kisses. Because I feel a bit crazy-eyed right now, and those things help me feel a wee bit grounded at the moment.

I was planning on a big ole post about Arizona, but since my brain is functioning about as well as mush, I will take the easy way out and share that Steak recipe I was talking about. It seems fitting, especially with all the beautiful grilling weather we have been having....sure made leaving Arizona a bit easier.


Let me start by saying, I am not a steak person. I enjoy it from time to time,  but after having it with this marinade, I started a pretty good craving. And side it up with this amazingly light and tangy sweet corn tomato salad found HERE and you have a very satisfying meal.

And now for the marinade, it is actually called "The Best Steak Marinade in Existence" and while I don't have a whole of comparisons, I do know it turned me into a steak believer. Here is my version of the recipe.

Steak Marinade
(source All Recipes)

Ingredients:
1/3 c soy sauce
1/2 c olive oil
1/3 c fresh lime juice
1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 Tbls garlic powder or 1-2 cloves fresh garlic
3 Tbls dried basil
1 1/2 tsp dried parlsey or 1/4 chopped fresh.
1 tsp. pepper

Instructions:
Either toss all ingredients in food processor and pulse or you can whisk in a bowl. Pour over meat (we prefer a good quality flank steak) and marinate for 4-8 hours. I have made this with only marinating a couple hours and it was still very flavorful. Grill up to your liking.


Hope you enjoy it as much as we do! And that there is one of the early risers who asked to pose with the steak. Pretty hard to stay upset with eyes like that.....4AM and all.




No comments:

Post a Comment