Saturday, August 16, 2014

Answers.

Last week a dear friend sent me a text with lyrics to a song, and just so happens to be the song that I clutched onto tightly after hearing the results of our first genetics screening. It would come on the radio every single time I got in the car. And every single time I would have tears streaming down my cheeks, trying to choke out the words as I let them flow from my heart. And every time I was reminded how much I need Him. And that same dear friend gently reminded me that we need Him so much when times are tough and sometimes even more when times are good. That, is precious truth.

Here are the lyrics that became the song of my heart. "Lord, I Need You" by Matt Maher.

Lord, I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You're the One that guides my heart

Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You


Thankfully this post is bringing joyful news, and I want it to be a constant reminder to myself to always sing the words "Lord, I need you,oh, I need you....every hour I need you" Especially now. Because I have good news, that definitely bares the imprint of God Himself. 

We got a call. An early phone call. A call that wasn't expected until this coming Tuesday.  Upon receiving the phone call I was almost positive we would hear the words that our baby would most definitely have Downs. And you know what? I had peace, Kyle had peace. I had a dream the night before that I thought for sure confirmed my assumption. I was excited, but more so, I was scared and worried for the possible surgeries, the possible health issues. 

But I had peace. 

Then that dear Genetics Counselor said, "I have good news" Your test came back very very low, low enough that we are calling it a negative result for Down Syndrome and Trisomy. And I let out a long deep breath, and through a shaky....barely audible voice said, "Thank you, we were blessed either way, but thank you for relieving me of the added stress." She told me to go and enjoy my pregnancy. 

"Lord, I come, I confess....bowing here I find my rest" 

I called Kyle and the second I heard his voice I started to sob, he of course...bless his poor heart, thought I was calling to tell him different news. Realizing what I was doing to him, I choked out "It's good, it's good news!" 

As of what we know right now, our baby is happy, healthy, and thriving. We could not ask for anything more. 

So we will continue to sing our praises to our Lord, and will let this be a wake up call as to how much we need Him, and to rely on Him for the big, the little and the in between. 

Again, like I have said probably a million times before, thank you to all of my sweet friends and family who have been faithfully praying for our dear little one. I could not wait to share the news with you all. 

Here's to praying I can relax and enjoy growing this little sweetheart even more. 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you received good news. Your baby has a healthy heart. :) And it is a good reminder that we need Him every hour. Thank you for reminding me of that.

    ReplyDelete