Wednesday, May 2, 2012

20 weeks and it's a.....

BOY!!!!

Which is crazy because I thought for sure I was having a girl. In fact, there were several times I almost buckled and bought some crazy cute frilly dresses. Thankfully I have a common sense side (it does kick in once in awhile). I would hang those precious ruffled butts back up and walk away thinking I would be back in the near future to stock up.

While I along with many of you thought I would be crushed with the news...that couldn't be further from the truth. If you would have asked me a month, a week, even a few days before we found out if we saw blue instead of pink.....I probably would have answered with an eye-glistening "yes". As I woke up yesterday morning giddy with anticipation I suddenly felt an urge to spend some time in prayer. During that time I prayed for our baby, that "it" would be healthy first and foremost and that we would be at complete peace with whatever gender was revealed. I felt refreshed and went to the appointment knowing that God knew best, and He had given us this precious child to enhance our family.

But I have to say that I was still convinced we were having a baby girl, even when I first saw the front shot of his face. I looked at the lips and nose and thought to myself, "those are the most beautiful lips I have ever seen." His nose is exactly like his brothers (from what I could tell)...but those lips, I couldn't get over those lips. So when the words, "Cole, your going to have a baby brother" came out of the techs mouth, it took a moment for me to realize what had just been said. And then came the tears, and the unexplainable joy as I suddenly saw two little boys wrestling around on the living room floor, two little boys in baseball caps swinging their bats and running from base to base, two best buds watching out for each other and shielding each other from meaningless hurt and pain. My heart swelled as I realized I was going to have two boys that could have the potential to become big, strong men of God, who could be the rocks of their families, and could bring so much good to the world that they had been brought into.

Yes, I was full of pure joy and excitement. Not sadness in the least bit. God is so so good, He knows best...and for that, I am grateful.

And here I am at 20 weeks exactly!

How far along? 20 weeks, and 5 days
Total weight gain/loss: about 13 lbs
Maternity clothes? Not really, other than a couple tops....I'm really excited I found a pair of capri jeans (pre pregnancy) that I can still button! Yip-yip-yeah! Last week we spent some time in Arizona so I was able to bust out all of my dresses that I love so much during the summer.
Stretch marks? No, praying that this one will be as nice to me as Cole was.
Sleep: I still have my moments of insomnia, but for the most part I have been feeling really well rested and full of energy. Praise the Lord!
Best moment this week: We found out we are having another baby BOY, seriously there could not be a better moment than that.
Have you told family and friends: Of course.
Miss Anything? Ahi Tuna....I have seen it on several menu's and I start salivating just thinking about it...unfortunately it is always cooked rare, and is high in mercury :(
Movement: Oh my word, this little guy loves to move, and punch, and twirl around.
Food cravings: Still grape anything, and pasta with red sauce.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I have been having bouts of morning sickness again, so sometimes just the thought of anything other than a popsicle makes my insides hate me.
Have you started to show yet: Yes!
Gender prediction: Girl....but obviously I have no maternal instinct! ;)
Labor Signs:  I still have been getting braxton hicks quite often, my dr. is running tests to make sure they are not being brought on by anything else.
Belly Button in or out?  in
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm on cloud nine now that I know I am having a boy!
Weekly Wisdom: Eat Mexican food everyday.




No comments:

Post a Comment