Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dear Baby-

Today is a special day for us, today we get to find out whether you are a boy or a girl. Today we get to know you even deeper and more intimately that we do right now. We can finally put a name to your sweet kicks and twirls. We can start praying for you in a way that is uniquely special to you and who you are.  And we can start dreaming about the relationship that you will have with your big brother Cole. Either way you are a blessing, and I never want you to forget that. God has been knitting you into our lives in a way no one else can. He knew you before you were even conceived, and he knows that you are exactly what this family needs.

While I cannot wait to hold you in my arms and kiss your face, and I am happily enjoying my quiet moments with you right here, right now. I love the way you squirm when I am restless at night, the way you seem to dance when I wake up, and the tender kicks you give me to remind me that you are still there, thriving and growing each day.....as if you can tell that I am fretting over whether or not I am providing you a safe enough place to stay for the next few months. Please be patient with your mama, I am a worrier. But one thing I am not worried about is the love that we will have for you regardless if you will be decked out in ruffles or sporting jerseys.

Either way little one, know that we will be elated with joy, and I'm sure there will be tears streaming down my face as I get to wrap my heart around you a little deeper.

Your dad and I will love you always and forever.

.....counting down the minutes to see your face



No comments:

Post a Comment