Tuesday, May 29, 2012

24 weeks belly

Sorry for my absence, life has thrown us a curve ball and I have needed a few weeks to grasp all the changes that will be taking place. No worries, this loop-de-loo brings both joy and sadness...and much needed planning and coordinating. All of which I will go into further detail in a later post. For now I want to be thankful for what God has given and provided for us, my growing family. While I cannot control things of this life that are out of my hands, I can control and choose joy....and I most definitely find joy in the belly that is growing by the second.

We have reached a new milestone, one where I can no longer glide out of bed...but more like roll/slither my way out. My husband spends some of his nights in our guest bed while I toss and turn, adjusting pillows this way and that. If he has any hope of getting a good nights sleep in the midst of big belly ruckus, the guest bed is usually his best option. :( He usually gives me a kiss and wishes me good night as he sneaks out. Smart hubby, but I do miss him when he is gone.

I feel huge. But have been told I'm not, and after looking at this weeks belly picture I appear smaller than I feel. But let's not confuse feeling huge with "not enjoying being pregnant".  I actually LOVE this stage of pregnancy, I'm finally getting adequate sleep (despite the tossing), my baby boy is moving and squirming and kicking like crazy! My morning sickness that plagued me at 20 weeks seems to tapering off, but I can still get away with downing my beloved orange Sanpellegrino sodas (YUM).  With that being said, here is the official 24 week update:



How far along? 24 weeks, and 4 days
Total weight gain/loss: about 18 lbs.
 Maternity clothes? Not really, other than a couple tops....still living in dresses, and rotate through about 3 tops with my capri jeans...although they are starting to get a wee bit tight!
Stretch marks? No, praying that this one will be as nice to me as Cole was.
Sleep: Oh sweet, sweet sleep..finally I seem to be able to drift off and get anywhere between 6-8 hours a night! Praise the Lord!
Best moment this week: My baby boy had the hiccups for the first time! I just love feeling him in my belly.
Have you told family and friends: Of course.
Miss Anything? having more clothing options, I'm trying to be practical and not go crazy buying new things...so that means getting creative and wearing the same things over and over and over.....
Movement: He is definitely more active than Cole was...should I be worried?
Food cravings: Oh man, so many! Sanpellegrino (my sweet hubby took me to costco and we stocked up, a huge thanks to all those that told me Costco was the best deal around!), seaweed salad, salad rolls--this has been my biggest food craving momentarily. So I finally buckled down and made my own, and then I used the remaining rice noodles to make my favorite spring roll salad for the following 2 days! Oh and organic frozen bean and cheese burritos (I'm eating one right now as I type this).
Anything making you queasy or sick: Actually, no.
Have you started to show yet: Yes!
Gender prediction: Girl....but as you all know I was so wrong!
Labor Signs:  I still get braxton hicks often, but that is about it.
Belly Button in or out?  in
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm on cloud nine now that I know I am having a boy!
Weekly Wisdom: Ponder the many gifts that God gives daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment