Friday, May 3, 2013

Fire up the grill

It's getting to be that time again, the time of year when most of our dinners are prepared outside, on the grill. I love it for many reasons, but mostly because it means my kitchen stays a bit cleaner and looks less like a bomb went off.

Since this weekend is supposed to reach the 80's I thought I better leave you with at least one good grilling recipe. I actually can't remember if I have shared this one or not, I feel like I have, but am too lazy to search through my posts to verify.

Picture Credit: Chef in Training


Even if I have shared, it is really good and definitely worth sharing again, and again. At first glance it seems like your typical teriyaki chicken recipe, throw in some coconut milk, some coconut rice....and wa-la!

Not your average Teriyaki.

I usually like to toss some fresh pineapple or mango on top. I just love fruit and meat together, it's that sweet and salty combo that gets me every time. (Recipe here)

Another tip with this recipe is to reserve about a cup of the marinade (prior to marinating chicken). Throw in the remaining coconut milk that you used for the rice, and then drizzle it over everything right before eating!

I hope you get a chance to fire up that grill, throw on some chicken, kick your feet up and enjoy the sun beating on your face this weekend.

I think we've earned it. You know, being Oregonians and all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment