Here is a truth: I LOVE cinnamon rolls. Like, really really love them. Could eat them every-day-for-the-rest-of-my-life-and-still-look-forward-to-the-next-ooey-gooey-one.
Here is another truth: I HATE to make them. Maybe hate is a little too strong of a word, but it is safe to say that I truly do not look forward to the work it takes to make those little rolls of amazingness.
Enter the perfect solution--- Cinnamon Roll Cake.
And when my little boy started asking for cake for his birthday, I knew in my heart of hearts that this would be the perfect solution to start his birthday off right. Plus, I wouldn't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to make it!
Oh, and it was good.
It still won't take the place of my beloved cinnamon rolls, but it is a close runner up.
It passed the husband test and the birthday boy's test.
He was one happy camper on his birthday.
So here you go, the road to an easier cinnamon roll craving fix.
Cinnamon Roll Cake(Source: Lil Luna )
Ingredients:3 C. flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 C sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 C milk
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 C butter melted
1 C butter softened
1 C brown sugar
2 Tbls. flour
1 Tbls Cinnamon (I added a bit more, because I love cinnamon)
- Mix flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla together.
- Stir in melted butter, slowly. Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
- Mix topping ingredients (1 cup butter softened, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon). Drop over cake mixture evenly.
- Swirl your topping and cake mixture with a knife going up and down the length of the pan.
- Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes.
- Top with the glaze which is made by mixing 2 cups powdered sugar, 5 TB milk and 1 tsp. vanilla. Drizzle over the cake while it's still warm.